About the position
This is a full time position that consists in leading our data engineering team. You will be in charge of leading our efforts in building a robust and scalable data infrastructure that meets our fast paced growth.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain a robust and scalable data collection pipeline that feeds from internal tools and external partnerships.
- Implement a highly reliable annotation pipeline that complements our collection efforts and provides our Machine Learning Engineering team with high quality data to help model development and fine tuning.
- Launch gamified experiments that build up our cognitive impact annotation data.
Data Management & Maintenance
- Analyze and improve our cloud based data infrastructure quality, leading the efforts to follow best practices and provide a reliable service.
- Develop a monitoring setup to give continuous visibility on the data infrastructure’s health and track the evolution of our database.
You are a highly enthusiastic, results-driven and experienced data engineer. You thrive in dynamic environments and you are able to take initiative and enjoy challenges. You have practical experience leading high tech profile teams and enjoy building diverse data solutions.You constantly aim for excellence and you are motivated to scale up a marketing optimization platform to reach market leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of data engineering focused experience
- Experience developing data solutions with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (preferably), Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience leading a small engineering team including but not limited to having sound judgment when responding to complex situations, facilitating good communication and collaboration, developing your team, and leading by example.
- Deep understanding of networking, data security and highly scalable systems design.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to build a clear prioritization criteria and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide expertise and perspective on cloud development and infrastructure initiatives, including automations and cross-sectional data workflows.
- MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field; or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in a growth-stage startup.
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical business leaders.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home with flexible work hours.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Publication opportunities.
- Science-driven culture.
- Contacts within the Harvard and MIT ecosystem.
- Yearly bonus for personal learning.